Renovations and additions to Entergy DOC Distribution and Operations Center (facility related to Power Grid Distribution and Operations):
• 17 operation consoles, each tailored with sit-stand functions, individual environmental control capabilities, and multiple monitors.
• Management offices located at the perimeter with direct access to the operation arena as well as from the other side to avoid unnecessary distractions to the floor.
• Specialty monitor walls are the focal point to the operations room and specialized software allows for customized information to be shared throughout the building during times of storm management.
• Raised floor system to allow for console location flexibility to meet future needs, whether they be inter-departmental management or federally-mandated requirements.
• Multiple Conference Rooms and a War Room are located on the same floor as the operations room and are integrated into the building-wide technology system for storm and emergency management.
• Facility operates 24/7 and special attention was paid to ergonomics, lighting & flexibility.
• On-site fitness center and sleeping accommodations
• Designed to cross over into a 6-sided secure environment if required
• Facility was initially designed as Tier 3 Redundant